Friday, June 25, 2010

Week 7 - Complete

I feel like this week has been a blur, compared the last few where I can remember specific things.

Monday -
I had to give devotional at our staff meeting. It was rough because I couldn't think of anything super profound. On Friday on our way to the Senate meeting Reed asked how my parents met and I realized, I didn't really know. Then I thought, well I don't even know how they really joined the church. I mean, I knew the gist but I didn't know the story. So I had my mom e-mail me a talk my dad gave a few months back when John and I were visiting home in which he talked about how he came upon the decision to join. Then I had my mom e-mail me the version including more details, the whys, who was involved, and a better timeline of the events. I decided to tell my office a story of how my family came to join the church. It all started with a conversation in a park. I then said how I really admire the work we do because of all the many, often simple conversations "in the park" that we have as representatives of the Church. Its great the work we can do, by small and simple means. Sure, we plan grand events, dinners every month, coordinate Festival of Lights - but its the discussion, the mentioning of who is sponsoring the event, the thanks we give to Ambassadors for their country's allowance of our missionaries... those are the things that spark interest. Cool stuff.

Tuesday -
Blur. I left early so I could run to Laurel, MD to get a package that was being held at the UPS shipping location. I got my Downeast Basics clothing!! 2 new dresses, 2 shirts, 2 cami's - They are thoroughly modest and as always I had a color scheme (without noticing it until I opened the bag)... it was PINK!! I think this was my first pink color scheme, I don't wear pink. Ha. Guess I do now.

Wednesday -
Stephanie Smith, a woman who has made her way up in CIA rankings, came to speak to BYU Management Society at the Barlow Center. I saw the email and said "Hey! I'm Management Society. I work at the Barlow. I'm going!" So I did. It was GREAT! She is an excellent speaker. Great stories, great presentation, overall wonderful. She is also coming to SVU on September 10th, I hope to have lunch with her then. As I was walking downstairs in walks Kevin and Christian, two friends and fellow SVU- Management Society'ers. I cant tell you how exciting it was to see people I knew! I even got an extra hour and a half to hang out with them after the lecture. Great Day.

Thursday -
Blur. I was so tired and really not all with it.

Friday -
SO MUCH TO DO! Western Family Picnic. Ambassadors Wives Luncheon Photos. Ways and Means Briefing. Letters to Ambassadors. Save the Dates. Keep my sanity... We'll see.

Oh! And one co-worker is gone this week, the other may be leaving Tuesday for a week... pretty much leaving me with lots to do, phones to answer... oh goody. I love it though. Really. I'm excited to see all that I get done next week and excited that they are really trusting me with a lot of high importance things. Yikes. Updates next week, for sure.

Including updates on the camp out tonight and all I hope to do on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment