Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Inspiration Boards

Since we do our invitations (and most any other type of card, gift tag, menu cards, thank you notes, etc.) in house I make more than a few trips to PaperSource. It is a store made for people like me. I like to go in after work and play around with all of the colors they have. I love seeing colors work together, I like coordinating colors, I like putting colors together you think would never work, I like accents... Its a shame I don't have the confidence to do it with my wardrobe (I stick to a limited palate of colors when it comes to clothes and shoes).

This little "hobby" of mine makes me want to try my hand at event planning or you know... the dream is to be a wedding planner... :)

One day while looking at ideas for decor for a dinner my co-worker stumbled upon this little website, and its become a favorite of mine. My favorite part? Well, there are many but i LOVE the inspiration boards. Ive made up a few of my own but here are some from their site. {Inspiration Boards are compiled by those who run SnippetandInk & are photos from other sites/sources}
{Ivy & Brick - Ivy Green, Brick}


{Pretty, Pretty Picnic - Oak Leaf, Raspberry, Marigold}

{Poppy & Mint - Mint Blue Green, Poppy Red}

{Baby It's Cold Outside - Snow White, Silver Ice, Royal Blue}

{Sleek Orange & Gray - Cement Gray, Orange Peel}


Let's talk wedding colors. Not that a wedding is really on my mind, nor is there a reason for one to be, but what else do you just throw colors together for? What colors do you like together?
My recent favorites? Burnt Orange & Blue.


(Can't decide if I like the royal blue or the lighter blue better)

No comments:

Post a Comment