Friday, July 9, 2010

The Ondricek's

Nathan and Megan Ondricek
Megan and I had worked at Joyful together for a year and a half when her and Nate were about to get married. J and I made the trip up and it was so worth it. I only started getting to know Nate because he was in a class of mine but he was quirky, smart, charming - perfect for Megan.
Before school got out they invited me over for dinner. Megan made an amazing Split Pea Soup with Ham, and a Salad. For desert I made strawberry shortcakes, and we almost started a fire... then we watched Emperors New Groove - It was a night!
Megan and Nate are up in DC this summer and living about 30 minutes southwest of me. Its been far too long since we have seen each other and so tomorrow we are doing dinner again! Im so excited because I get to cook for them this time and Nate will have to take the Metro for the first time, what an experience. I wanted to post somewhere what I have planned for dinner but didnt want to ruin the surprise so I chose my blog :-)
The Menu
Tossed Salad with Cukes, Tomatoes, and Peppers
Baked Ziti
with Italian Sausage, Homemade Roasted Red Peppers and Fresh Mozz
Blueberry Cake
with a Lemon Glaze
Im SO excited!!
P.S. For Iron Chef I think Becky and I are making a cake so I wanted to get a nice looking cake plate/stand, and I really wanted a ceramic baking dish, so I tripped over to Home Goods. I found a really nice cake stand for $14.99 and a teal square baking dish for $9.99... but I wanted to see what better deal I could find. I went to the sale aisle and found instead a triangular cake plate (Think Equilateral version of a Ouji Board guide) that would fit our cake for $2.00 and a navy square baking dish with a metal rack for $7.99!! I love steals like that :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment