Sunday, May 30, 2010

Week 4




Pictures:
D.C. Temple at night; I live 10 minutes away!
My roomates sister came in to town and they made California Cookies *which were amazing*



This next week will be week 4 of my internship so there is a lot of catching up to do.

The first week or so was mostly me just getting used to the routine of things. Getting on the metro, the walk to the office, doing things in the office (answering phones, mailing cards, making phone calls, and tying bows... ill explain that one) , finding things in georgetown to do over my lunch break or after work, discovering D.C. after work, jumping on the metro home and then passing out ha.

I think im finally getting the hang of things. I am currently home in new york for the weekend and, crazy as it sounds, really wish that I was in D.C. for the weekend especially considering it is Memorial Day. Im watching a PBS concert being held in the capitol and it makes me "homesick".

Some fun things I have done are:
Worked on a Luncheon - this is where the tying bows comes in, Im fairly certain I tied at least 100 bows for the gifts we gave out. it was a pretty high stress event and there was so much going on but it turned out SO great and Im excited to work on more events.

Attended a Congressional Hearing - I attended a hearing for the Ways and Means Committee on the legalization and taxation of internet gambling. It was hard to get through as I could barely hear most of the speakers but thanks to the wonders of YouTube I found video of the hearing and was able to go back and listen to it. Im really looking forward to being able to attend more of these hearings.

Explored Georgetown - One of my first Saturday nights my roomate Julie, her friend Chris and I went in to Georgetown and explored. We found this great little crepe place that isnt far from my office and I found a new favorite spot - down on the waterfront. There was a lot going on that night but we walked down a little and just sat down by the water... Seriously, so pretty.

Rockband - So what? Right... Thats what youre thinking? Well, hey, Im one of the more social interns in the ward (because I actually want to be here when I graduate so I need to find out if I like the people and social events in the area right?) So yes... I played RockBand the other night

I got lost - Another so what moment? Well, no. It was very fun. One friday after work I just decided to walk around. I ran in to a Borders and bought some books, and kept walking to try and find a metro... and it started storming and really raining hard but I still had fun just roaming around.
Lets see... I think thats about it. My goal is to post more frequently so Ill have a good record of the things I did... Ill work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment