Sunday, May 9, 2010

First Sunday.

It started off with me rushing to get ready and then messing around thinking I had time to... and realizing I didnt. TomTom got me lost, but only a little bit. I was able to turn around and get going the right way. Im starting to recognize things, signs, buildings, landmarks but dont ask me to give up TomTom just yet. I got to church and it took me another 5 minutes or so to find parking. I ran into some girls on my short walk to the building who said that parking wasnt usually this good... I think Ill begin leaving earlier :)

Church was... different. The ward was very large, and it seems that its more 6:4 men to women where as SVU is 4:6 women to men (give or take). So hey, at least my chances are good. (and no I dont mean chance of marriage... I just get along with men better than women, so chances of having a fun summer are good). Sacrament meeting was very interesting. We had three speakers, all with really wonderful messages, and a musical number. After Sacrament I turned to the girl next to me to ask what happens next and the Bishop (who I havent met yet) starts talking about "Introductions" and I quickly realize... I now have to introduce myself to the entire ward (which probably consisted of 300 people... Yikes!) Apparently this is a common thing they do almost weekly due to their membership turnover rate. It was all new to me.

Next I went to a "New Members Class" where a bunch of us newbies met and introduced ourselves ...again. My roomate happened to be leading this class so I had at least one familiar face. There were maybe 5 girls, with the rest being security salesmen or pest control salesmen. We went outside to take photos, standard, and the photographer guy made us "hike" up this little path... Im wearing heels... My name is Gina... it goes without saying but I tripped. I didnt fully biff it but I was close, and lost my shoe in the process but one of the security/pest salesmen guys picked it up for me and I turned it into a joke.

On to Relief Society where I once again, introduced myself. This wasnt super eventful but we did get a new Relief Society President. I strolled around the "munch n mingle" and then hiked back to my car and headed home.

Time for a sunday nap, and maybe later tonight a drive up to the temple. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment