Monday, August 23, 2010

Music Monday

Kita wrote a post on Official and Unofficial State Songs talking about the current state songs and what they really should be. I thought I loved New York, I knew that I disliked it sometimes (especially the city) but the Unofficial aka what they think should be the 21st Century State Song of New York not only made me miss New York, It reminded me of my love for the City. The video was shot on September 7th, 2001 - Just 4 days before the attack on the WTC. You see the towers behind him in the video. At that point I even got emotional. I was close, too close for comfort, to that event. My mom was in the city on that day. I am told I said things and did things that I dont remember, a little PTSD I suppose when you think your mom could be apart of the thousands affected by the attack. I love that city, I love that state - This is the perfect video for Music Monday.



Found a lot of trouble out on Avenue B
But I tried to keep the overhead low
Farewell to the city and the love of my life
At least we left before we had to goAnd love won't play any games with you
Anymore if you want 'em to
So we better shake this old thing out the door
I'll always be thinkin' of you
I'll always love you though New York
I'll always love you though New York, New York, New York






For Music Monday, I give you;
Ryan Adams - New York, New York

No comments:

Post a Comment